Welcome to the Swiss Epidemiology Winter School in Wengen, Switzerland.
The next Winter School will take place from January 15th to 20th 2018, during the week following the International Lauberhorn ski race, when Wengen is calm, with few people on the slopes. Students stay on site and work hard in the mornings. They then have an extended break to review course materials, catch up on emails or (more likely) go skiing or snowboarding. We reconvene at 5 pm for computer or practical sessions.
Download all photos in a single .zip file here.
The 2018 course program:
1. Statistical analysis with missing data using multiple imputation and inverse probability weighting
Prof. James Carpenter, Prof. Marcel Zwahlen
Mon 15th – Wed 17th Jan, Hotel Jungfraublick
2. Assessing bias in randomized and non-randomized studies: new approaches, new tools
Prof. Jonathan Sterne, Prof. Julian Higgins
Mon 15th – Wed 17th Jan, Hotel Edelweiss
3. Parametric Competing Risks and Multistate models
Prof. Paul Lambert, Dr. Michael Crowther
Mon 15th – Wed 17th Jan, Hotel Sunstar
4. Advanced methods in (Network) Meta-Analysis – A Practical Course in R
Prof. Georgia Salanti, Dr. Guido Schwarzer
Mon 15th – Wed 17th Jan, Bühlstube
5. Causal inference in observational epidemiology
Prof. Miguel Hernan, Prof. Marcel Zwahlen
Thu 18th – Sat 20th Jan, Hotel Jungfraublick
6. Systematic reviews and meta-analysis of diagnostic test accuracy studies
Dr. Anne Rutjes, Dr. Yemisi Takwoingi
Thu 18th – Sat 20th Jan, Hotel Edelweiss
7. Prognostic research: from basics to modelling
Prof. Margret May, Prof. Matthias Egger
Thu 18th – Sat 20th Jan, Hotel Sunstar
Please note: All courses are already fully booked. Registrations are only possible for waiting lists.
Matthias Egger & Marcel Zwahlen
Directors of the Swiss Epidemiology Winter School
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern