Welcome to the 11th Swiss Epidemiology Winter School in Wengen, Switzerland.
The next Winter School will take place from 20 – 25 January 2020, during the week following the International Lauberhorn ski race, when Wengen is calm, with few people on the slopes.
Each of our 8 courses runs over three days and consists of lectures, group work and computer practical sessions. Students stay on site and work hard in the mornings. Then they have an extended break to review course materials, catch up on emails or (more likely) go skiing or snowboarding. They reconvene at 4:30 pm for computer or practical sessions.
The 2020 course program:
1. Causal inference in observational epidemiology
Prof. Miguel Hernan, Prof. Marcel Zwahlen
Mon 20 – Wed 22 Jan, Hotel Jungfraublick
2. Tools to Assess Risk of Bias in Randomized and Non-Randomized Studies: Cochrane RoB 2 and ROBINS-I
Prof. Jonathan Sterne, Prof. Julian Higgins
Mon 20 – Wed 22 Jan, Hotel Edelweiss
3. Advanced Methods in (Network ) Meta-Analysis – A Practical Course in R
Prof. Georgia Salanti, Dr. Guido Schwarzer
Mon 20 – Wed 22 Jan, Hotel Sunstar
4. Systematic reviews and meta-analysis of diagnostic test accuracy studies
Dr. Anne Rutjes, Dr. Yemisi Takwoingi
Mon 20 – Wed 22 Jan, Bühlstube
5. Statistical Analysis with Missing Data Using Multiple Imputation and Inverse Probability Weighting
Prof. James Carpenter, Prof. Marcel Zwahlen
Thu 23 – Sat 25 Jan, Hotel Jungfraublick
6. Parametric Competing Risks and Multi-state models
Prof. Paul Lambert, Dr. Michael Crowther
Thu 23 – Sat 25 Jan, Hotel Edelweiss
7. Digital Epidemiology and Participatory surveillance: Methods and Applications
Dr. Daniela Paolotti, Dr. Ciro Cattuto
Thu 23 – Sat 25 Jan, Hotel Sunstar
8. Advanced Clinical Trial Design
PD Dr. Sven Trelle, Prof. Matthias Briel
Thu 23 – Sat 25 Jan, Bühlstube
An overview of the program can be found here.
The registration opens in summer 2019.
If you wish to be informed, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Matthias Egger & Marcel Zwahlen
Directors of the Swiss Epidemiology Winter School
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern