Welcome to the 10th Swiss Epidemiology Winter School in Wengen, Switzerland.
The next Winter School will take place from January 21st to 26th 2019, during the week following the International Lauberhorn ski race, when Wengen is calm, with few people on the slopes.
Each course runs over three days and consists of lectures, group work and computer practical sessions. Students stay on site and work hard in the mornings. Then they have an extended break to review course materials, catch up on emails or (more likely) go skiing or snowboarding. They reconvene at 4:30 pm for computer or practical sessions.
The 2019 course program:
1. Causal inference in observational epidemiology
Prof. Miguel Hernan, Prof. Marcel Zwahlen
Mon 21st – Wed 23rd Jan, Hotel Jungfraublick
2. Assessing Bias in Randomized and Non-Randomized Studies: New Approaches, New Tools
Prof. Jonathan Sterne, Prof. Julian Higgins
Mon 21st – Wed 23rd Jan, Hotel Edelweiss
3. Advanced Methods in (Network ) Meta-Analysis – A Practical Course in R
Prof. Georgia Salanti, Dr. Guido Schwarzer
Mon 21st – Wed 23rd Jan, Hotel Sunstar
4. Prognostic Research: Concepts and Models
Prof. Margret May, Prof. Matthias Egger
Mon 21st – Wed 23rd Jan, Bühlstube
5. Statistical Analysis with Missing Data Using Multiple Imputation and Inverse Probability Weighting
Prof. James Carpenter, Prof. Marcel Zwahlen
Thu 24th – Sat 26th Jan, Hotel Jungfraublick
6. Digital Epidemiology and Participatory surveillance: Methods and Applications
Dr. Daniela Paolotti, Dr. Ciro Cattuto
Thu 24th – Sat 26th Jan, Hotel Edelweiss
7. Mendelian randomization: moving from the one-sample to two-sample approach
Prof. George Davey Smith, Dr. Rebecca Richmond
Thu 24th – Sat 26th Jan, Hotel Sunstar
8. Parametric Competing Risks and Multi-state models
Prof. Paul Lambert, Dr. Michael Crowther
Thu 24th – Sat 26th Jan, Bühlstube
You can download an overview of the program here.
The registration will open on 15th July 2018.
If you wish to be informed, please send a mail to email@example.com.
Matthias Egger & Marcel Zwahlen
Directors of the Swiss Epidemiology Winter School
Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern