Registration will open on Monday 29 August 2022, at 12:00 p.m. (CET) noon
Terms and Conditions
The number of participants is limited – book early to avoid disappointment.
- Payment of the course fee is due upon registration. Registrations without payments are not valid and will be deleted.
- The payment is only possible via credit card with 3D Secure Code. Other payment methods are not accepted.
- The PhD Bern fee is only applicable to PhD students enrolled at the University of Bern.
- A cancellation has to be done written per e-mail at least 4 weeks before the course starts. Otherwise the course fee will be charged as follows: 50% in case of cancellation 7-28 days before the course starts; 100% in case of cancellation less than 7 days before the course starts.
- ISPM reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course in which case fees will be refunded in full. In the case of cancellation, the University of Bern will not be held liable for registrants travel or accommodation costs. Make sure you have a travel insurance.
- The participants have to book their accommodation themselves directly with the hotels.
- We have pre-reserved a certain number of rooms. You will find information about these hotels here. Please take note of the terms and conditions of the chosen hotel (especially in case of cancellation).
The course fee includes the course sessions and materials (primarily digital versions), as well as the coffee breaks and participation in all social events.
Not necessary! The slides will be available for download during the course. Often the lecturers make changes shortly before and even during the course, so printouts are not likely to be up to date. In case you need printouts, please ask at your hotel reception if they can print for you (at your own cost).
We have special agreements with the hotels where the courses take place. In order to get these special prices, please book your room with the hotel directly via e-mail or phone, and mention the code “WinterSchool2023”. Please note that prices may be up to 30% higher if you use websites like booking.com.
Information including the course schedule, the list of preparatory work, and articles to read in advance will be available in the password protected area of our website by the end of 2022. We will provide you the login accordingly.
You can check the following website to check the status of ski lifts and conditions:
Cancellation must be done via e-mail.
For courses 1-4 (16-18 January), 100% of the course fee will be refunded before 19 December 2022, and 50% if cancellation is received after that but before 09 January 2023.
For courses 5-8 (19-21 January), 100% of the course fee will be refunded before 22 December 2022, and 50% after that but before 12 January 2023.
After 09/12 January 2023, the fee cannot be refunded.
Some of the events have limited capacity or need some preparation. Registration is especially necessary for dinner on Wednesday.
Our IT team can assist you with installing software or access to the local server, and IT staff will be available in the course rooms from time to time. You may contact IT support via e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that support is not available for Linux-based systems.
Hotel WLAN is available in the course rooms. In the Bühlstube we will provide a hotspot with limited data capacity. Please note that the WLAN is not very fast, especially when many people access it at the same time. Therefore we ask you not to use it for any private activity!
You must inform the course coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org). Additionally, you need to send a medical certificate from your doctor. Only in case of a serious illness will the course fee be refunded.
You can ask your bank for the 3D Secure code. They should be able to give it to you within a few days.
No. We accept only Visa and Mastercard. Payment by invoice or bank transfer is not possible.
This is very hard to predict and depends on your place on the waiting list. Empirically, the first three persons have quite a good chance. In any case, we will inform you as soon as possible about cancellations. If we don’t contact you, then there is no place available for you.
No, this is not possible. First come, first serve.
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us: email@example.com