Registration for Swiss Epidemiology Winter School 2024 will open Summer 2023.
Please note the registration of the Course seats are allocated on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis to ensure equitable access for all prospective participants. You can also register for the waiting lists of fully booked courses with the registration link below.
Terms and Conditions
- Payment of the course fee is due upon registration. Registrations without payments are not valid and will be deleted.
- The payment is only possible via credit card with 3D Secure Code. Other payment methods are not accepted.
- A cancellation has to be done written per e-mail at least 4 weeks before the course starts. Otherwise the course fee will be charged as follows: 50% in case of cancellation 7-28 days before the course starts; 100% in case of cancellation less than 7 days before the course starts.
- ISPM reserves the right to cancel or postpone the course in which case fees will be refunded in full. In the case of cancellation, the University of Bern will not be held liable for registrants travel or accommodation costs. Make sure you have a travel insurance.
- The participants have to book their accommodation themselves directly with the hotels.
- We have pre-reserved a certain number of rooms. You will find information about these hotels here. Please take note of the terms and conditions of the chosen hotel (especially in case of cancellation).
Information on this can be found on the individual course pages. The fee varies if a course book is included
The course fee includes the course sessions and materials (primarily digital versions), as well as the coffee breaks and participation in all social events.
This depends on the selected category.
PhD Bern students must indicate their matriculation number.
External PhD students must upload a copy of their student ID on the registration platform.
You can ask your bank for the 3D Secure code. They should be able to give it to you within a few days.
No. We accept only Visa and Mastercard. Payment by invoice or bank transfer is not possible.
No, this is not possible due to organizational reasons.
This is very hard to predict and depends on your place on the waiting list. Empirically, the first three person have quite a good chance. In this case, we will inform you as soon as possible about cancellations. If we don’t contact you, then there is no place available for you.
Cancellation must be done via e-mail.
For courses 1-4 (15-17 January), 100% of the course fee will be refunded before 18 December 2023, and 50% if cancellation is received after that but before 08 January 2024.
For courses 5-8 (18-20 January), 100% of the course fee will be refunded before 21 December 2023, and 50% after that but before 11 January 2024.
The fee cannot be refunded after 08 or 11 January 2024.
We have special arrangements with the hotels where the courses are held. To receive these special rates, please book your room directly with the hotel. We will send out further information after registration. Please note that prices can be up to 30% higher if you use websites such as booking.com.
You can check the following website to check the status of ski lifts and conditions:
Information including the course schedule, the list of preparatory work, and articles to read in advance will be available by the end of 2023. We will inform you accordingly by email.
The slides will be available for download during the course. Often the lecturers make changes shortly before and even during the course, so printouts are not likely to be up to date. For certain courses you will receive print outs for practicals. In case you need other printouts, please ask at your hotel reception if they can print for you (at your own cost).
Some of the events have limited capacity or need some preparation. Registration is especially necessary for dinner on Wednesday and Curling.
Hotel WLAN is available in the course rooms. In the Bühlstube we will provide a hotspot with limited data capacity. Please note that the WLAN is not very fast, especially when many people access it at the same time. Therefore we ask you not to use it for any private activity!
You must inform the course coordinator (">). Additionally, you need to send a medical certificate from your doctor. Only in case of a serious illness will the course fee be refunded.